Saturday, October 4, 2014

Unstoppable

Share it Please
Tomorrow is the day that has been on my mind since January.  Nine months I have waited for this day, just as I waited for each of my precious babies to be born. 


I wanted to write something super inspiring tonight, but my head isn't clear enough.  There are all kinds of thoughts swirling through it.  So I'll just reflect on a few things.


This morning, my husband ran the TC 5K, it was his first race and he did a great job, I'm super proud of him.


Photo

The finish line for the 5K is the same as the finish line I will cross tomorrow, so I found myself getting pretty emotional a few times.  I have crossed it once before, in 2012, when I did the TC 10K.

Photo

I remember when running 6.2 miles seemed impossible.  After training for a marathon, 6 miles is a "shorter" run.

I am feeling a lot of emotions right now, but I think the most prevalent is excitement.  I believe so strongly that God is working through all of this, I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow. 

I've been reading two books lately that I feel have really prepared my heart for the journey I will take tomorrow.  A Glimpse of Jesus: The Stranger to Self-Hatred by Brennan Manning and Unstoppable by Christine Caine.

I highlighted so much in both of them, but I wanted to share a few of the quotes that have been on my mind as I prepare for tomorrow.

"When a disciple's every response, word, and decision is motivated by compassion, he has "put on Christ" and walks in the way of integrity.  Biblically, compassion means action." - Brennan Manning


"When we learn to focus on who God is rather than on what we are not, we see that it is God who is working in us to do the very thing he has purposed to do in our lives.  As we learn to run the race, accept his batons, and submit to his training, God's work in and through us is always growing and increasing.  Christ in us becomes an unstoppable force in our lives and is spilled out into the lives of others."  Christine Caine


I couldn't think of more appropriate words for what the last nine months have been about.


I would still greatly appreciate your prayers.  Mostly for my mind to stay positive and my focus on God and why I am running.  My right hip, left foot and left knee are all still a bit achy and sore, so I'm hoping that any trouble they give me tomorrow can be pushed through.  Pray for our entire team, I have grown to love the people that I am running with, I am just as excited for them to run and finish tomorrow.  Pray for the people who are being blessed with the water we are running for, that they would feel the love behind it and know that they are valued and loved.  Pray that it would be so completely obvious that God is doing something big here.


If you want to track me tomorrow, you can sign up here: http://athletetracker.cloudapp.net/ - I am listed as Tamara Kasal.





Thank you all so much for following along on this journey.  I look forward to updating you on the race!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Books I'm Reading

Team World Vision

I am training for the Twin Cities Marathon with Team World Vision. I have a goal of raising enough money to provide clean water for 50 people and I need your help!